Changes in NHS regulations since 2001 mean that we may require evidence of NHS eligibility.
You may be required to produce your NHS card or benefits booklet as evidence of entitlement. NHS Sight Tests are only available at intervals specified by the NHS (usually, but not always, 2 years). An eye examination within that interval may incur a charge.
Who Qualifies for an NHS Sight Test?
- Over 60s
- People with diabetes or glaucoma
- People over 40 with immediate family history of glaucoma
- Those registered blind or partially sighted
- All on list below
Who Qualifies for NHS Spectacle Vouchers?
- Children under 16
- Full time students under 19
- Income based benefits, i.e. Income Support, Working Families Tax Credit, Income Based Job Seekers Allowance and Pension Credit Guarantee.
- Those holding Form HC2/3
- Complex lenses (partial help)